Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Too Much Baggage

Barack Obama, Barack Obama, Barack Obama. I see him on Television. I see his ads online. I got a call from some idiot reminding me to vote on Tuesday. I mean, if you have a tv, and any brain cells and a decent short term memory, you know that May 6th is the Indiana Primary. You also probably know that we actually MATTER for once in a democratic nomination. I'm no democrat, so it doesn't matter to me. At least, not this time around. I have TRIED and TRIED to like Obama. Hell, I was excited when he announced he was running for president. It was something different. A relatively young, mixed race, new face on the political scene. He was something new. for sure. Something big. There was a buzz about him. He is a great orator. He supposedly works very bi-partisanly. I liked the sound of it.

Now however, I don't like it. I don't like the sheep that he seems to be leading to their slaughter. The people that blindly follow him when there are obviously some very serious flaws with his judgement and character. Liberals will seemingly give their candidates a free pass no matter what. I really don't like that. Listen. If some republican idiot goes out and gets a DUI, cheats on his wife, molests children, is involved in a prostitution ring, or has a secret gay sex tryst uncovered, that person is done in my eyes. I say get rid of them. Resign immediately. However, on the democratic side, if you sit and listen to a racist, anti-american, radical, insane preacher for 20 years, are friendly with a known and unrepentant terrorist (William Ayres), are really friendly with a known crook in Chicago, and believe in black liberation theology you get a free pass because you are the messiah that they are looking for.

I wrote last week that I felt better about Barack after he denounced Rev. Wrong. I do. However, things continue to pop up that raise doubts about barack obama's judgement and character. The whole Rev. Wright controversy has obviously negatively affected Obama's campaign in North Carolina, and Indiana. I have to say though. I am going to vote tomorrow, and I am going to be excited to see what happens. I just wonder what the people who were at Roberts stadium a couple weeks ago, passing out on the floor, and in awe of the great one are going to do if he loses Indiana? Also, we haven't seem the end of the controversies for Barack. A photo came out of William Ayres stomping on an American Flag today, and Barack's new preacher at Trinity, whom he described as "a wonderful, young pastor", had a crazy, comparitavely insane first sermon in the pulpit. Check it out- Im sure you will be reading about it soon:
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63377
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/2008/05/05/obama-s-buddy-bill-ayers-stomping-american-flag

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how people like the person that wrote this blog makes generalizations about an entire group or segment of people or organization by something they read about or heard about from a few radical people. No wonder the country is so divided and cannot come to together to solve the issues our future generations face.
- open minded