Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Over It

Well, I have to admit, I am over everything that is going on with our government, economy, etc. I have come to realize that every single senator, congressman, president, etc is completely incompetent, greedy, evil, etc. We don't need these people anymore. We should start a revolution. A peaceful one of course. But, we sort of shot ourselves in the foot with our vote 3 weeks ago. Let's see how obama does. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

On to a different subject. Hunting has been terrible this year. My wife makes fun of me all the time because I never shoot a deer. Well, I trophy hunt, and it has been 4 years since I shot at a nice buck, and that buck I could not find because he got under some brush in a ditch and I couldnt find him. We did find him during rabbit season though, or what I think was left of him. Oh well. I just enjoy being out in the woods and seeing the animals. I could have shot 5 does the last time I went out, but I passed on them. Maybe I am a weenie, but both of the bigger ones had little ones with them. I didnt have the heart to pull the trigger. Plus, I didnt need the meat, so no use. I usually will pass up a doe in hopes that a hot buck will be right behind her. This year, I have seen less deer than I ever have in my life. I am sure it is because of the blue tongue disease that has happened the last two summers. It has killed a good number of the herd. Normally, there are 2-3 shooter bucks running our property. This year I have only seen one while out hunting, and 3 bucks total. Hopefully I will get lucky during muzzleloader season, but I say that every year!

No comments: