Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The problem with Democrats.

This is not going to have any links for you to read. Any articles for you to peruse. This is totally observational on my part, and it is time that I wrote it. Those of you who it pisses off, I'm apologizing in advance.

I was sitting here watching Hannity and Colmes tonight, and something jumped out at me. First of all, they have this frank luntz guy, who does these focus groups and they have this meter they use that measures voters responses to candidates. Well, either I am missing when he has the republicans on there, or he JUST has democrats on there all the time. Every time, I see the same damn thing with these people. They flip flop their support all the time. The problem is, they aren't choosing on the issues, they are choosing on one of 3 things. 1) They hate bush and don't care as long as it is a democrat. 2) They want whoever is electable over the republicans. 3) they like who is popular. No issues. Sean Hannity had Luntz ask the people in the focus group to name ONE accomplishment of either Barak Obama, or Hillary Clinton. Not ONE person could name ONE accomplishment. They didn't have a clue. One idiot said, "he is a good orator!", yeah buddy, that is opinion, not accomplishment. Another said, "Obama is likable!", are you kidding me? There was one fat red headed guy with a long sleeve yellow shirt with his legs spread wide open and had on some shorty shorts that made him look like he wasnt wearing pants. I almost barfed. These people were ALL verifiable morons. Every one of these groups that I have seen, the people don't even know what they are talking about. They are just there acting like they care about the issues. It seems to me that a lot of the voters who are "democrats" have these qualities that jump out to me when I hear them comment and speak about their candidates:
*They are filled with hate for Bush and the Republican Party (yet their democratically controlled congress has lower approval ratings than President Bush)
*They blame everyone else but themselves for problems.
*They always want to "give" people things. They push for "entitlement" for the welfare nation, and minorities. (Whatever happened to the "pursuit" of happiness, you can't just be given it)
*They are all about "choice" and political correctdness, yet whenever someone so much as talks about christianity, abortion, or the military, they yell and scream like sissy's.
*The one's that I have heard talk, give speeches, etc, seem to me to be very weak in character and disingenuous.

Now, you can jump me all you want, but another thing that my grandpa always pointed out to me locally was the number of catholics that vote democratically. One reason for this is because the democrats are supposed to be for the "working, blue collar" american, yet how can you agree with the democrats position on abortion if you are a catholic, or evangelical christian? Even the pope admonishes abortion as a sin, so according to the infalliable pope, if you vote for a democrat, then you are sinning because you are voting for abortion. I just want the answer to some of these things.

I believe there are crazys on both sides of the aisle. There are people that are left wing liberal nutjobs, and there are people who are right wing conservative nut jobs. I fall somewhere in the middle. I would call myself someone who has common sense, and can make decisions on my own, instead of following the sheep on the far right, or the snakes on the far left. Hopefully you can make your own decisions as well instead of falling victim to the hype on both sides.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pope also opposed the death penalty - how can so many republicans call themselves christian when they support the death penalty? Both sides are a little bit hypocritical on the life-and-death issues of abortion and capital punishment.

Also, take everything you hear out of Frank Luntz with a grain of salt. His "focus" groups are not scientific. How do you know he didn't pick the twenty undecided democrats by choosing the dumbest ones he could find? How DOES he pick the members of his focus groups? Do some research online and you will find that Luntz is a shady character.

Jason Z. Pennington said...

Tom, Good comment. I myself am not catholic, so i cant speak for everything the almighty popeness says, but if you look at the bible, and read it, there is a bit of a difference between killing the helpless infants that die in abortion, and killing a convicted murderer who has destroyed innocent lives. Not sure about the hypocrisy there. There is a difference according to the bible when it comes to taking the lives of the innocent, and taking the lives of the guilty killers.

Anonymous said...

Jason,

I have heard the name Frank Luntz but really don't know anything about him. As for the comments about Christians and abortion and the death penalty, I would say the poster truly does not understand the Biblical principles behind those beliefs. I'm not saying that in a harsh way but there really is no comparison to the killing of someone who is totally innocent and the killing of someone who has committed a henious crime. Having said that I would be quick to say that the death penalty should only be used in cut and dry cases where there is dna evidence as well as witnesses or video to make sure there is not a loss of innocent life.

Anonymous said...

I am a (protestant) Christian and I have read the bible. I found a good link about the Christian viewpoint of the death penalty:

http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/SFS/an1000.asp

I don't care if you support the death penalty or not, but I don't think you should imply that democratic voters are bad Christians because they vote for Democrats. They could just as easily call republican voters bad Christians for voting for death penalty supporting Republicans.

My personal opinion is that both Republicans and Democrats engage in plenty of un-Christian behavior.

Jason Z. Pennington said...

Sure we do, I just will not support a candidate that is for the murder of "Innocent, defenseless babies". I really think there is no comparison here, and your arguement makes no sense. You can read stories about the most heinous crimes all over the world in the paper EVERY day. Things aren't getting better, they are getting worse. I am ONLY for the DEATH PENALTY in the case that there is undeniable evidence, there has been a confession, and the act was so terrible that there is no other decision that seems right in the case. Im not going to have this he said she said, your right, Im wrong discussion on this topic, because it is all pretty cut and dry.

Jason Z. Pennington said...

Oh, and Tom I would assume you are feeling guilty because that is what it sounds like. I look at friends that say one thing, but then they vote for democrats who are on the other side of the spectrum on values, and I just think it is stupid and hypocritical. We will see what happens when Barack or Hillary win this fall. Ive got a piece of land in the canadian wilderness picked out already so I can get otu of here. (sorry, you caught me on a bad morning. I slept 4 hours last night, and I just fell hard on the ice in the parking lot and about broke my arm)