Thursday, November 29, 2007

Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. a "good" NASCAR driver?

Jr., let me first say that I am a big fan. I mean no disrespect by this post. I want to see you succeed. I want to see you win, and more importantly, I want to see you win a championship. As many Jr. fans can probably attest, it has been painful to watch him drive the last 3 years. All this potential, but no consistency. Was it the team? Was it the equipment? Or is it the driver? I tell you what. I have never seen the wheels fall off of any other sports team (no pun intended) quite like what happened to the 8 team this year. It got to the point where when poor Jr. blew an engine it didn't surprise me. I dont know how many he blew, but it was more than a handful. However, there is much to debate on why. Was it faulty equipment? Bad Engines? Or was he driving it too hard (if that is possible). I love the arguements of the far right of the junior fans who were drumming up a vast conspiracy involving teresa tainting Jr.'s equipment after he announced he would leave DEI to drive for Hendrick in '08. That is just rediculous to think that, period. Why would she even put a car out there if that were the case? She had too much to lose to do something like that. I mean, millions to lose.

I myself am very excited for the '08 season to get here. I am tired of hearing my friend's Scott and Brent constantly rib me every week about Jr.'s poor performances (they are Gordon, and johnson fans, respectively). I guess now we are all teamates, but man, it is going to be rough if he ends up being like casey mears. That would be a disaster. I'm not sure that I could go to work everyday if it ends up like that. I will give him a year to warm up though. I suppose we shall see. I myself, believe Jr. is a great driver, he has just had a run of bad luck (which just so happens to be a long time now)
GO number 8!.......I mean number 88. That is going to take some time to get used to! Here is a run down of the the distraction filled season if you would like to read-
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/11/18/dearnhardtjr.post.homestead/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Jun-ya! Wooo hooo Jun-ya. If you win a race I am goings to come up with a new drink calld ampwizer. I tried it last nite and i got so buzzed up that i was running around like beavis. we can work out sumthing on a patunt so we can both get rich. i think you should just give all the big money to me for this new imovative drank since you make all dat moni selling jeans and shirts and stuff. boy i is so excytud about dis that i think i am goings to get buzzed up again and watch that video again from 3 years ago when you wond dat race a talerdega. wooo hooo go jun-ya (burp) you r da man jun-ya. (burp) i can't wait to win again so i can get rich off dis new drink you thank you could do a comershal for me jun-ya? (burp) i am yer biggust fan. bubba joe jr. from taladager (burp...pass out)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like bubba jo jr got a little excited. Who is this bubba jo jr. nut anyway? Scott