Monday, December 10, 2007

The 3 degree Guarantee!

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/AneeAsma.shtml

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Industry=Television_Broadcasting/Salary

I am very seriously considering going back to school to become a television weatherman. I could do it. I wake up every morning, and do basically the job that they do. I can usually tell what the temp is going to be, and if it is going to rain or not. I was watching this local weatherwoman, (can't remember her name) and on this certain station they have what is called the 3 degree guarantee. Well, she missed it by about 11 degrees today. Good job, apparently, you missed the class in grade school about estimating.

I can remember when I was growing up and looking at the paper to see what the weather was going to be before going off to school. I usually had some kind of sports practice after school, so i wanted to see what type of weather we would have, and whether we would be outside, and if it was going to be hot, cold, rainy, snowy, etc. I remember the paper being pretty accurate. Now, they don't even put what they exact temperature is going to be. They put something like this:
Sunny, with some clouds, chance of rain, high of 70-75 degrees. What a bunch of crap! Even the television forecast is like that. Hell, I could get up in the morning, wake up, and say, hmmm, today it looks like it is going to be 50-55 degrees. Looks like it might be sunny today, could be partly cloudy, and there is a 50/50 chance we will have some type of precipitation today, rain, snow, freezing rain, I'm not sure, but it could happen. Give me a break! The damn storm spotters are more accurate than our meteorologists around here. It is unbelievable! All I can say is, Ron Rhodes, look out buddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the weather doing now Mr. Redneck? Do you think the illegal immigrants are having an impact on the weather patterns?

Jason Z. Pennington said...

Actually, yes, I do think they are. If there weren't so many damn illegal aliens in our area, there wouldn't be so much c02 because of them breathing, and driving their cars around. Also, there would be less trash around as well. Im sure it is affecting the weather somewhat. How about putting your name, or are you too chicken?