Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I think I'm through with Bush

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314862,00.html

I never really thought that I would be writing this. I really didn't. I have always believed in the american system of government. Always supported the President. No matter what. I loved Ronald Reagan, George Bush I, Bill Clinton, and then George II. But, after the last 2 years, everything that has happened in the Bush Administration has finally taken its toll on me. I cant look the other way anymore. I can name a few things that I think have led me to this view I now have, but the one in the above article put me over the edge. Bush has beat the drum of war his entire presidency. There are many to blame for 9-11. The terrorists, the clinton administration, bush's inaction when he took over, not taking it seriously, etc. I have always supported Bush and Cheney. Even drove around proudly with their bumper sticker on my truck for months on end, and laughed at people who still had their gore stickers, and kerry stickers. Now, maybe they should laugh at me. Look at what is going on in this country. We are more divided than ever before. We have stuff going on that no one knows about, we have stuff going on that nobody wants going on. We have destroyed our credibility in the world because we have decided to become Team America, World Police. We were right for going into afghanistan. But why the hell didnt we focus on that, and finish the job. Saddam Hussein has never been a threat to the United States. Never. He may have wanted to be, but where are the weapons of mass destruction, right? We got so sidetracked with hussein, that we forgot about afghanistan, and now things are starting to crumble there as well. We are facing a resurgent taliban there and renewed violence. Our military is stretched so thin right now, that if something happened here at home again, an attack, or a natural disaster, we are screwed. I mean look at how bad the government screwed up when katrina hit. But that does go all the way down to the local level. But the point is this,

Iran. Bush has been beating the war drum on them for quite some time. At first, when it started, I thought with good reason, but who really thinks that we need to be sabre rattling right now? Look at how much respect we have lost in the world right now. Why make it worse. Why constantly threaten people? I am not saying that the regime in Iran is not bad. I think it is terrible. The little monkey president over there does a lot of talking himself, but that is just it, he is talking. So they suspended their weapons program back in '03. That is fantastic news. Thank god the intelligence community didnt screw this one up (or did they) That is another valid question. But here is Bush, up there today backing up his rhetoric against Iran. Here it is, plain and simple. Iran is like a short guy with big man syndrome. I know a few of those. They may be enriching uranium, but we just need to keep an eye on them, and trust our intelligence. Also, we dont always have to be making public threats against them. Why not use our covert ops when we need to, and not broadcast it to everyone that hates us. I just dont understand it.

I am not liberal. I am far from it. I dont vote a straight ticket at the polls, I vote for the best candidate. I have voted for democrats many times. Locally, nationally, etc. I am conservative, but that doesnt mean that I am deadset on a republican becoming president next year. They are corrupt on both sides. We need to throw them all out, and start over. Fresh. One thing I search for is the truth. One thing I want is the truth. One thing I believe I deserve in life is the truth. We arent getting it from Bush and his cronies, and we arent getting it from anyone in washington anymore as far as Im concerned. Being in Politics runs in my family. It may get reborn with me sometime in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, Amen. You hit the nail on the head!

Unknown said...

Hear, hear. You've got my vote.