Friday, December 21, 2007

John McCain?

I saw a pleasent surprise today when I was watching the news this evening. It looks like John McCain is gaining some steam in the Presidential campaign. I was worried he had all but been written off. I have to be honest, I am glad to see the race so wide open. If you will remember from a previous post, I had stated that I thought on both sides, all the candidates were a bunch of posers. I still think that, but I am interested in seeing who ends up emerging on both sides. I'm not anti democrat, and I'm not pro republican, though I probably vote more republican than anything. I don't like that democrats always raise taxes, and seem to believe in entitlement. I heard John Edwards say today that if he were president, he would work towards every american having the same oppurtunites that he has had in his life to be successful and become a rich, pretty, 400 dollar haircut getting terd burgler. Am I missing something? EVERYONE ALREADY HAS THAT OPPURTUNITY. Even the poor kid living in project housing. It is what you make of yourself. It takes effort. I feel like the democrats want to just give everyone something that others have had to work very hard at. I already give money up every paycheck for welfare, social security, healthcare, you name it. Chances are, I will never use a dime of what I have put in because our government programs are so screwed up that if social security and medicaid dont go bankrupt, it will be a miracle.

Back to my point. I am sorry I get sidetracked so easily. I do believe that John McCain would make a good president. I think he really is a good man. I think he has some liberal tendencies, but all in all, he is a good republican (except for his proposed amnesty bill this year). Mr. McCain sure has sacrificed a lot for his country. Being a POW and the torture he endured for years, I coud not imagine, nor do I want to. He is a stand up guy. Level headed, yet you can tell that he won't be backed in a corner by anyone. My biggest concern about a democrat being elected is my real fear that our security of our country will crumble. With McCain, I believe that he would not jump us into a war that we do not need to be involved in because he has been through the horrors of war, but at the same time, if something did happen, and a response was needed, he would do it right. I would feel secure with him being president. When it all comes down to it, that is what is important right? I hope that John McCain would somehow come out as the nominee. I would be all for that. It looks like it could happen as it seems huckabee may have peaked already, and guiliani is having a meltdown for some reason. Now, we just have to hope that Mitt Romney has a meltdown. It isn't because he is mormon, it is because he is fake. Everything about Mitt is made up. He is just a little too good looking, a little too agreeable, and seems to be willing to say about anything to get into office. We don't need a Republican Candidate that is the same type of person as the dreaded Hillary Clinton. Please lord no.

No comments: