Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Bunch of Posers

I have been sitting here for about an hour thinking about what to write about tonight. Not from Lack of topics or stories to write about, but just trying to think of things that struck me over the last 3 days or so. I watched the Youtube republican debate the other night on CNN. I have been watching both the democrats and the Republicans when I can. All I keep thinking is that these people are all a bunch of Posers. I'm not sure I am real comfortable with the thought of any of these candidates being president. You have, of course, the democratic front runner Hillary Clinton, with Barak Obama close behind. I guess if I had to pick the lesser of two evils, I would go with Obama. I definately don't want Hillary in office. I think it would be a terrible thing. Before you go saying, oh, you redneck, anti-woman bigot, hear me out. How about something new? We have had Bush I, then Bill Clinton, then Bush II, and if she wins, we will have Clinton II. Bill was a good president except for the fact he couldnt keep it in his pants. If he ran for president again, I would vote for him in a heartbeat over anyone out there (surprised to hear that huh?) Bill was shrewd. He was likable. He was respected in the world. However, he wouldnt back down from a fight. I like that. Hillary, in my view, stayed with Bill because she knew it would do her good in her hope to become a politician, and eventually president. I think that she is scripted, a robot, a fake. I think she will say and do whatever it takes to be president, good or bad. I get sick listening to her annoying voice. I get sick of hearing her ideas and policies. I am sick of her period. However, American voters may shoot themselves in the foot by voting against Bush. Most people right now are so fed up with the job that the current administration that they would vote for anyone who is a democrat. Im afraid this will get us in even more, possibly worse trouble.

Obama impresses me because he seems to be real. I dont get the sense that he is putting up a front. Even if his views are so far off from mine it burns me up inside, I do like that he is honest. And it might actually be great to get someone in there that doesnt have a lot of experience in washington. He is green for sure.

On the republican side, you have Mitt Romney and Rudy G out front. Mitt reminds me of a clone, plain and simple. I dont think you can trust him as far as you could throw him. He is just too scripted as well. Rudy G. is probably my choice overall right now. The bad thing with him though is that he is basically a democrat with a republican disguise on. But how could he not be after being Mayor of one of the most liberal, if not #1 most liberal city in the U.S. As long as he doesnt try to come after me and take my guns, we are cool.

The biggest flop has to be Fred Thompson. My gosh. I was all about Fred leading up to his announcement. He is conservative, he has experience, and i think he looks kind of like a president. But Fred, buddy, what happened. It seems like once he announced his candidacy he dropped off the face of the Earth. I dont understand it. Are all the comments about him being lazy true? I'm so disappointed. Maybe soon he will start turning it up, but right now he is getting killed, and i think if people knew more about him, they would really like him. Ill stop there, let me know about what you think about some of the candidates. I was looking at the poll about who is your favorite front runner and saw that all but one have voted democrat. Just remember, the congress has a lower approval rating that Mr. Bush does right now..........And Congress is controlled by a majority of............Democrats!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2007/11/26/tomo/